• 800 71st St Miami Beach, FL 33141
  • +1 305-868-3277
  • info@beachautotag.com
  • +1 305-868-3277
  • 800 71st St Miami Beach, FL 33141
  • info@beachautotag.com


Coming into Florida from out of State
  • In the state of Florida, a motor vehicle or vessel is required by law to be registered within ten days of the owner either becoming employed, placing children in public school, or establishing residency. Registering your motor vehicle goes hand in hand with the titling process. You do not necessarily need a Florida Drivers License to register your car or vessel, an out-of-state license or a U.S. or foreign passport is acceptable.


  • Out-of-State transactions are easiest done at our agency. If it is not possible for you to come to our agency, please email us with the exact details about the transaction and we will give you instructions on how to proceed.


  • If you own your car and have an out-of-state title you need to come to our agency with the title, Florida Insurance , the car for the VIN inspection (or the VIN verified by a notary or police officer on this form). If your out-of-state title was issued in the last six months, you will need proof that you paid sales tax in your previous state or pay Florida sales tax. The proof can be a bill of sale or registration documentation which shows you owned the car before. The insurance has to be a Florida policy, it is not enough that it is valid in Florida, your insurance card has to state “Florida Insurance Card”.


  • If you lease or finance a car, we need the details of your financing or leasing company. You can come to our office with the information about the leasing/finance company (Name, Phone, Fax, VIN number of car) or you can email us the information. When you come to our office, we can issue a temporary license plate for 30 days until we receive the title from your leasing/financing company. We will contact you when the title is ready. You can then come to our office to get your permanent license plates and finish the transaction. When you come back to finish the transaction, you need to take the car to our office or have a notary public or police officer verify the VIN on your car on this form. If you need a status update about your transaction, please email us.


Disabled Person Parking Placard
  • Our agency issues permanent and temporary parking placards and plates for disabled persons. The signed form is now necessary for renewals and replacements of disabled parking permits as well. We do not issue stroller permits. Information about stroller permits can be found here.


  • You will need this form completely filled out and certified by a physician or another health care professional listed on the form as authorized to certify the handicap. The physician can be from any state but if he is not licensed in Florida, we will need a copy of his medical license. We need the original form, copies or faxes are not acceptable. You will usually need a Florida Drivers License or ID before you can apply for a handicap permit. If you have a handicap permit in a foreign country, we can issue a temporary Florida permit for up to six months. Permanent disabled parking permits are valid for four years, temporary ones for up to six months.


  • You have to come to our agency in person to get or renew your permit. If you are not able to come to our agency because of you condition, a caregiver can come with the original form and your original ID or Drivers License.


  • Fees are $3 for permanent permits, $18 for temporary permits.


High Occupancy Vehicle Decal HOV
  • An Inherently Low Emissions Vehicle (ILEV) or a Hybrid vehicle certified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency may be driven in a High Occupancy Vehicle (HOV) lane at any time regardless of its occupancy as long as a decal is obtained.
  • Check the ILEV/Hybrid List to determine if your vehicle qualifies for an HOV decal. Obtain an HOV Decal Form to apply for a decal. HOV decal transactions are processed by our office. The cost is $ 10 and you might get it in our office or mail us the original form with a $ 10 check.


Notary Public
Dealer Services